Regional Championship Sat. 10/28 (High School Girls only)
Results available at http://www.baumspage.com/cc/reg/tiffin/2017/g3.htm
Course maps: Tiffin Regional Course
Hedges Boyer Park
491 Coe St.
Tiffin, OH 44883
8:00am – Bus leaves from High School (est. arrival 9:30am)
11:00am – Division III HS girls race
12:15pm – Leave Tiffin
3:30pm – Estimated return time*
* We do plan on stopping for lunch on the way back. Please bring money for food.
Meet Notes – Here we go! We proved that last year was no fluke as we’ve made it again to the Regional meet. Unlike last year, this course is not new to us this time around. Four of our runners were here for Regionals last year, and six ran in the Tiffin Carnival in September. For every one of our girls, Tiffin was their fastest time until Hudson or Districts, so it’s familiar for being a fast course (if a challenging one). Both Sarah and Kennedy in particular ran very well here in September, and that’s important because both are looking to be the first Viking cross country runners, male or female, to advance to the State Championship. It’s an exciting time for Viking XC!
The weather will (finally) be something like true XC weather: As of Monday, the projected high temperature was 47F and overcast with a chance of occasional rain. Fortunately, most of this week looks to be similar weather, meaning we’ll have a chance to acclimate a bit ahead of the race. Runners will be encouraged to dress in layers and to bring extra clothes (especially socks) for after the race. Last year’s race saw temps up around 70F or better, which was enough to see some pollen or leaf mold in the air that affected a LOT of runners. This year’s weather is almost ideal for peak performance, and being the first race of the day means we get the course under the best possible conditions.
- All school issued uniforms must match (not a problem for us)
- Any clothing worn under the uniform must be of a solid color
- If more than one competitor from a team wears clothing under the uniform, it must be the same color as the other team members. It does not have to be the same brand or length, nor do all competitors have to wear it if one does or does not choose to.
- Clothing can have a single logo no more than 2 1/4″ square (ex – they could have the UnderArmor logo, but not a Nike swoosh on the front collar and “NIKE” on the back).
If you have any questions or doubts at all please check with the coaches BEFORE SATURDAY. There’s enough to be excited about for this meet…uniforms should not be a source of stress that morning.
For those who haven’t seen it, the start and finish area are in a large field circled by trees in the middle of the park, offering a great spectator view of the start and finish. The course map is linked above and will show that a lot of the race can be viewed from that general area.
A few items to note for spectators:
- Unlike the carnival, only team buses are allowed to enter the park. Spectator parking can be found here: Team and Spectator Information
- There is a $7 admission fee (incl. the boys team, even if they ride the team bus)
- Tiffin is about a 90 minute drive from Evergreen High School, so plan accordingly.
- Cell coverage is really bad. Calling, texting, tweeting, etc. is a gamble at any given time.
- Ours is the first race of the day, so it’s a good bet they will start on time
- As mentioned in the schedule, we do plan on stopping for food on the way back (most likely BW3 in Fremont). Families, friends and fans are welcome to join us, just know it may get a bit crowded with so many people descending on the place during college football game time.
This is what we train for all year. Our plan is simple: we’re going out there to compete in the toughest Regional in the state, and we plan to match them…stride for stride.