Cross Country Schedule for the week of September 14- September 19
Monday, September 14: HS- Practice @ EHS 3-5 pm
MS ONLY- Archbold Invitational
4:30 pm- Meet in the HS cafeteria/Bus leaves
5:45 pm- MS Boys (Teams- Perrysburg (half your boys), BG, Tinora, Evergreen, Hicksville, Defiance, Montpelier, PH, Cardinal Stritch)
6:15 pm- MS Girls (Teams- Perrysburg (enter half), Napoleon, Archbold, Wauseon, Tinora, Swanton, St Ursula, Evergreen, Cardinal Stritch
- Spectators should conduct daily symptom assessments. Anyone experiencing symptoms must stay home.
- No fans/parents in the camp area. Ask parents not to congregate near the start or finish line and spread out around the course. Spectators should wear masks at all times
- Wearing of a face covering at all times is mandatory. We want to have a complete season, so do your small part so that we can mitigate spread and continue to compete.
- Spectators should be limited to family members only.
Tuesday, September 15– NWOAL League Preview @ Delta. This is NOT a meet, but an opportunity for athletes to practice/preview the course prior to the NWOAL League Meet on October 17.
4:15 pm- Bus leaves EHS
5:45 pm- Estimated return time back to EHS
Wednesday, September 16– Practice @ EHS 3-4:30 pm.
Thursday, September 17– Practice @ EHS 3-4:30 pm.
Friday, September 18– Practice @ EHS 3-4 pm. Team meal at 4 pm.
Team Meal/Race Day Snacks Sign Up– https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090d44aaaa2baafb6-2020
Saturday, September 19– The Battle of Turtle Creek Invitational
Genoa High School
2980 N. Genoa-Clay Center Rd, Genoa, OH 43430
Results: Results will be available at https://www.baumspage.com/cc/genoa/turtlecreek/2020/
All races begin and end at the same locations. All races are run completely on grass, trails, and dirt, with no pavement. Each race includes at least one hill and one stream crossing (including the Kids Mile). Course will be well painted and MS turn-offs clearly marked. The 5k course crosses Turtle Creek three times. Creek depth depends on the weather; it could be almost completely dry, or depth could be above the knee.
6:30 am- Bus leaves EHS
9:00 am- MS Girls
9:30 am- MS Boys
10:00 am- HS Girls
10:40 am- HS Boys
12:00 pm- Kids Mile (PreK-6th Grade) *Interested runners should notify Coach Hesson to register- $5 fee to participate
12:15 pm- Open 5k (All ages and abilities) $5 fee to participate
2:30 pm- Estimated return time
Meet Notes: With the cancellation of Fayette and limited participation for OG, we are excited to add The Battle of Turtle Creek to our schedule. This is a new (to us) meet and we are looking forward to the opportunity to compete with some new schools. From what we have been told, this course is a “true cross country course” meaning it offers a variety of terrain of grass, trails, dirt, at least one hill, and a water crossing. We strongly encourage athletes to bring an extra pair of socks, shoes, and maybe a towel. The atmosphere sounds upbeat and fun as there will be live music and multiple offerings of races (Kids Mile and Open 5k). T-shirts will be available for preorder, and a limited amount will be available for purchase the day of the meet. No design has been shared at this time, but if you are interested in pre ordering a shirt, let Coach Hesson know.
Parking: Please enter on on Highway 51 (N. Genoa Clay Center Road). Drivers will be directed from there. Busses may drop teams off next to the starting line, and will be As noted above, spectator parking is $5.00 per vehicle.
Covid-19 Limitations: Please be advised:
- Race sizes will be limited to 150 participants.
- Starting boxes will be six feet by six feet, with six feet of empty space on either side.
- Teams will not be allowed to enter starting boxes until five minutes before race times.
- No run outs from the starting line.
- There will be no finish chute. Once athletes cross the finish line, they may return to their team camp.
- Team tents are prohibited unless inclement weather is expected.
- There will be no podium or awards ceremony this year. Awards will be brought to coaches at their camp, or on the bus.
- Coaches and families are expected to wear masks at all times, or they will be asked to leave. 9. Athletes are expected to wear masks until the start of physical activity.