Tiffin Cross Country Carnival Sat. 9/8 (High School only)
Results available at http://www.baumspage.com/cc/tiffin/2018/
Course maps: High School Course
Hedges Boyer Park
491 Coe St.
Tiffin, OH 44883
3:30pm – Estimated return time
- Tiffin is about 90 minutes from EHS, so give yourself plenty of time
- Parking can be challenging. Plan to enter on Summit Street (the “bottom” of the park) and walk to the upper area. You can enter off Coe Street, but you have to pass through several areas that are blocked off during races, making it very difficult to get through. Again, give yourself plenty of time.
- They run a VERY tight schedule. If they say the girls’ varsity race is at 9:35 AM, that gun will go off at 9:35 AM.
- The side of the start area near the finish is typically very crowded, as are several other areas on that side of the course. There’s a lot of people here, so bring a dose of patience 🙂
- Cell coverage is really bad. Calling, texting, tweeting, etc. is a gamble at any given time.
- The t-shirts for this meet are usually pretty cool, and you’ll often see runners wearing them at other meets throughout the year. This meet is somewhat legendary among the high school cross country community. That this is the 50th year only adds to the allure.
- We are planning on stopping for lunch during the drive back. We welcome anyone to join us, just be advised it may be crowded with 23 runners plus coaches and parents. We’ll let everyone know Saturday where we decided to stop.