Defiance Early Bird Saturday 8/29 (High School & Middle School)
Results available at https://www.baumspage.com/cc/defiance/2020/
Course schedule and maps:
Defiance High School Course
Defiance Middle School Course
Defiance High School
1755 PALMER DRIVE
Defiance, OH 43512
*Parking Note – There is a $5/car charge for parking that includes admission to the meet.
7:30am – HS ONLY- Bus leaves from HS (est. arrival 8:30am)
9:45am – High School girls race
10:00 am- MS ONLY- Van leaves from EHS (est. arrival 11am)
11:15am – High School boys race
12:45pm – Middle School girls race
2:15 pm – Middle School boys race
4:15pm – Estimated return to EHS
Meet Notes – Our 2020 XC racing season kicks off with the Defiance Early Bird Open. This course is on the HS campus and is considerably flat and “fast”. Runners will start and finish on the infield at the track, including a section actually on the track. Because of this, and runners wearing spikes need to be sure their spikes are 1/4″ or smaller. Most of the course is accessible to spectators with its “out and back” approach.
Covid-19 Restrictions from Defiance’s Athletic Department/OHSAA/NFHS:
- Coaches will health screen and temperature check all athletes before boarding the bus
- Fans are restricted to parents/family only
- Spectators MUST wear masks at all times
- Must practice 6 feet social distancing at all times
- No fans/parents permitted in camp areas
- Teams will be called to report to the start line
- Each race is limited to 150 runners. To stay compliant, there will be 2 races for each team (2- HS girl races, 3 HS boy races, 2 JR girl races, and 2 JR boy races).
There will be a concession stand limited to drinks and pre-packaged items.
The weather forecast is calling for morning thunderstorms, but we are optimistic that we WILL compete. We recommend packing an extra pair of socks and a trash bag (to put your belongings in if it rains). It’ll be a long day so make sure you are well rested. Remember, Thursday’s night of sleep is the most important! As always, we should point out it always seems to feel hotter than the actual temperature so hydration is every bit as important. Can’t wait to watch our Vikings compete Saturday!